Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Decree (3) of 18 January 2001
1. The University accepts with gratitude donations totalling £3,500, and any further sums which may be contributed for the same purpose, to establish a fund, to be known as the Brooke Benjamin Memorial Fund, for the encouragement of the study of experimental or theoretical mechanics at postgraduate level within the University.
2. The net income of the fund shall be used for the award of a biennial travel bursary to a postgraduate student of the University.
3. The administration of the fund shall be under the direction of the Mathematical and Physical Sciences Board, which may delegate this responsibility to the departmental committee of the Mathematical Institute.
4. Income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Council shall have full power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that the purpose of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above, shall always be kept in view.