Planning and Council Secretariat
The Planning and Council Secretariat Team are responsible for supporting the University’s Governance processes including Congregation and Council and its committees. The team is also responsible for the University’s annual planning process, for capital planning and for the University’s strategic plan and its implementation. Our resource allocation section operates the Joint Resource Allocation Mechanism (JRAM), which allocates teaching and research income to departments and colleges, and the 123 charge which apportions central overhead costs.
In addition we maintain the University statutes and regulations, oversee the University’s Trusts and manage congregation and convocation elections.
Please get in touch with the relevant team/contact below if you have any questions.
Dr Michael Glover, Director of Planning and Council Secretariat
Mike is Director of Planning and Council Secretariat.
Tel: (01865 2) 80303
Martina Harley, PA to Director of Planning and Council Secretariat/HR Administrator
Tel: (01865 2) 70008
The Governance Team in Planning and Council Secretariat is responsible for matters relating to the University’s governance, including the servicing of Council and a number of its committees, including the General Purposes Committee, and meetings of Congregation.
The team maintains the University’s statutes and regulations and is responsible for a wide range of other areas of work, including elections by Congregation and Convocation, and the maintenance of Congregation membership. The responsibilities of the individual members of the team are set out below.
Nigel Berry, Senior Assistant Registrar (Governance)
Sarah Cowburn, Assistant Registrar (Governance)
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: General Purposes Committee (GPC), the Honorary Degrees Committee, the Socially Responsible Investment Review Committee.
- Governance: formulating draft policy and advising on University processes and governance-related matters.
- Secretary of the University’s Prevent Steering Group.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2) 70193
Rebecca Thomas, Senior Administrative Officer (Governance)
- Maintenance of the University’s statutes and regulations.
- Administration of Congregation’s meetings, and management of the Congregation Membership Administrator.
- Maintenance of the University’s register of delegations.
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: Central University Research Ethics Committee, Committee for Development and Alumni Relations; Nominations Committee.
- Secretary to the Visitatorial Board and Appeal Court.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2) 80317
Aristea Gkontra, Administrative Officer (Governance)
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: Curators of the University Libraries; Curators of the University Parks; College Accounts Committee; College Contributions Committee; Committee on Statutes before the Privy Council.
- Summoner of Preachers and secretary of the Committee for the Nomination of Select Preachers.
- Secretary of the Benefices Delegacy.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2) 70373
Shirley Mulvihill, Elections Officer
- Conducts all elections by Congregation to places on Council and other University committees and boards; maintains the elections website.
- Co-ordinates elections by Convocation (i.e. of the Chancellor and Professor of Poetry).
- Manages the administration of appointments by Council to University and external bodies.
- Responsible for the setting and annual publication of the University’s official dates of term.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2) 80463
Gemma Jacobs, Administrative Support Officer
- Congregation membership administration
- Support for Congregation’s meetings
- Support for Council and the committees serviced by the Governance team
- Support for the Governance team’s webpages and Council’s SharePoint site.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)70139
Ms Elizabeth Botwright, Senior Planning Officer
Mr Kristoffer Tiffen, Planning Officer (Joint Committees)
Dr Benjamin Neudorfer, Planning Officer (Strategic Planning)
Mr John Parkhill, Project Officer (Process Improvement)
Resource Allocation Team
The Resource Allocation Team in Planning and Council Secretariat is responsible for:
- The Joint Resource Allocation Method (JRAM), which allocates resource formulaically to Divisions and Colleges
- The 123 Infrastructure Charge, by which academic departments fund the services provided centrally
- The Collegiate Funding Formula (CFF), by which Conference of Colleges distributes JRAM resources between the colleges
- The Integrated Charging Mechanism (ICM) which streamlines the charges paid by the colleges to the University for a selection of defined services
- The annual Programme Data Exercise in which departments return information on subject areas taught and teaching departments involved.
- The Student Number Planning (SNP) model which records agreed intake targets by course and forecasts student population
- The Office for Students’ annual Higher Education Students Early Statistics Data Collection (HESES) and it’s reconciliation with the HESA Student return
The responsibilities of the individual members of the team are set out below.
Dr Liz Bills, Senior Planning Officer
- Leads on the delivery of JRAM, JRAM forecasts and CFF
- Secretary to JRAAB
- Produces the annual HESES return
- Analyses communications from OfS and Research England about recurrent grant funding
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2)70761
Dr Rachel Cox, Senior Planning Officer
- Leads on 123 Infrastructure Charging and the Programme Data Exercise
- Chair of Interim Data Governance Group
- Provides high level advice on Student Number Planning
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)80310
Mr Matthew Eagles, Information Analyst
- Day to day responsibility for the Programme Data Exercise.
- Support for running the JRAM with particular reference to course and fee data.
- Review of Programme of Study set-up forms when new courses are planned.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2) 70082
Mr James Bennett, Information Analyst
- Responsible for maintaining the Student Number Planning (SNP) model and running the Integrated Charging Mechanism (ICM)
- Support for running the Joint Resource Allocation Model (JRAM) and 123 Infrastructure Charge
- Secretary of the Interim Data Governance Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2) 80442
Lukasz Bohdan, Director of Assurance
Ellen Hudspith, Trusts Administrator
Tel: 01865 (2)80092
Tel: 01865 (2)70237
University of Oxford