This website contains information relating to Governance and Planning at the University of Oxford
Planning and Council Secretariat
Please get in touch with the relevant team/contact below if you have any questions.
Antony Willott, Director of Planning and Council Secretariat
Martina Harley, PA to Director of PACS and HR & Office Administrator
The Governance Team in Planning and Council Secretariat is responsible for matters relating to the University’s governance, including the servicing of Council and a number of its committees, including the General Purposes Committee, and meetings of Congregation.
Lara McCarthy, Head of Governance
- Administration of Council and its meetings.
- Management of the Governance team.
Tel: (01865 2) 80107
Sarah Cowburn, Senior Assistant Registrar (Governance)
- Administration of Council and its meetings.
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: the Honorary Degrees Committee.
- Governance: formulating draft policy and advising on University processes and governance-related matters.
- Secretary of the University’s Prevent Steering Group.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01865 (2)70193
Kristoffer Tiffen, Senior Assistant Registrar (Planning)
- Secretary of PRAC & JFSSAG
- Central planning policy lead on Fee Setting and Student Number Planning.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2)80756
Elizabeth Botwright, Senior Planning Officer
- Secretary of Finance Committee, Planning & Housing Steering Group & Strategic Capital Steering Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)80451
Louise Hasler, Assistant Registrar (Governance)
- Maintenance of the University’s statutes and regulations.
- Administration of Congregation’s meetings, and management of the Congregation Membership Administrator.
- Maintenance of the University’s register of delegations.
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: General Purposes Committee (GPC), Nominations Committee, Data Executive Group
- Secretary to the Visitatorial Board and Appeal Court.
- Email: email@example.com
Emma Campbell, Assistant Registrar (Governance)
- Secretary of the following committees: Committee to Review Donations and Research Funding (CRDRF), Safety Executive Group, Security in International Collaboration Group (SICG) & Endowment Challenge Fund (ECF) Management Group.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aristea Gkontra, Senior Administrative Officer (Governance)
- Secretary of the following committees of Council: Curators of the University Libraries; Curators of the University Parks; College Accounts Committee; College Contributions Committee; Committee on Statutes before the Privy Council.
- Summoner of Preachers and secretary of the Committee for the Nomination of Select Preachers.
- Secretary of the Benefices Delegacy.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel:(01865 2) 70373
Sarah Gardner, Planning Officer (Capital Planning)
- Secretary of Begbroke Programme Board, Buildings and Estates Subcommittee, Osney Mead Programme Board and Property Management Subcommittee.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)70021
Genieve Boon, Senior Administrative Officer (Planning)
- Secretary of the Joint Student Number Planning Subcommittee (JSNPSC), Officers’ Subgroup of the Joint Fees and Student Support Advisory Group (JFSSAG) & Environmental Sustainability Subcommittee (ESSC)
- Assistant Secretary of JFSSAG and the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC)
- Responsible for maintaining the Student Number Planning (SNP) model
- Email: email@example.com
Shirley Mulvihill, Elections Officer
- Conducts all elections by Congregation to places on Council and other University committees and boards; maintains the elections website.
- Co-ordinates elections by Convocation (i.e. of the Chancellor and Professor of Poetry).
- Manages the administration of appointments by Council to University and external bodies.
- Responsible for the setting and annual publication of the University’s official dates of term.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel:(01865 2) 80463
Emma Canham, Senior Communications and Engagement Manager (Strategic Change)
- Email: email@example.com
Charlie Knight, Administrative Support Officer
- Congregation membership administration
- Support for Congregation’s meetings
- Support for Council and the committees serviced by the Governance team
- Support for the Governance team’s webpages and Council’s SharePoint site.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning & Data Team
The responsibilities of the individual members of the team are set out below.
Diana Boxall, Finance White Paper Implementation Lead
- Professional Services Together programme lead
- Finance White Paper Implementation Lead
- Email: email@example.com
Ahmad Alhusan, Head of Data
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Benjamin Neudorfer, Senior Planning Officer (Strategy)
- Secretary of Data Assurance Group and Strategic Plan Programme Board.
- Strategic planning activities: coordination of reporting on the implementation of the strategic plan ; divisional and services planning round.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel:(01865 2)70187
Dr Kathrin Gowers, Senior Planning Officer (Services)
- Supports the Professional Services Together initiative.
- Services the Professional Services Subcommittee .
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)80651
Dr Liz Bills, Senior Planning Officer
- Leads on the delivery of JRAM , JRAM forecasts and CFF
- Secretary to JRAAB
- Produces the annual HESES return
- Analyses communications from OfS and Research England about recurrent grant funding
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2)70761
Dr Rachel Cox, Senior Planning Officer
- Leads on internal service charging - 123 Infrastructure Charging
- Works on Data Strategy and Chairs Data Governance Group and BI Operations Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (01865 2)80310
Samantha Appleyard, Data Governance Manager
John Parkhill, Information Analyst
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: (01865 2)80678
Donna Scott, Planning Officer (Data)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvinder Wright, Data Analyst
Robyn Trafford, Administrative Support Officer
- Financial administration for planning & council secretariat
- Support for the committees serviced by the Planning team
- Support for the Governance and Planning teams' webpages and SharePoint sites.
- Email: email@example.com
Ellen Hudspith, Head of Trusts Management
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gemma Proctor, Trusts Officer
Please send all queries about specific trusts or general policy to email@example.com