1. The sum of £3,000 accepted from Mrs Isa Cohn primarily to provide for the delivery from time to time of a lecture in memory of the late William Cohn and in later years, failing a lecture, for such purposes as the Keeper for the time being of the Department of Eastern Art of the Ashmolean Museum shall think fitting to commemorate the late William Cohn and to assist the Department of Eastern Art shall form a fund to be called the William Cohn Memorial Fund.
2. The lecture shall be called the William Cohn Memorial Lecture, and the lecturer shall be called the William Cohn Memorial Lecturer.
3. The lecture shall be delivered on a subject relating to Eastern Art.
4. The Keeper for the time being of the Department of Eastern Art of the Ashmolean Museum shall appoint the lecturer from time to time, and shall determine his or her stipend.
5. The income of the fund shall, at the discretion of the Keeper of the Department of Eastern Art, be applied in one or more of the following ways:
(a) to provide the stipend of the lecturer;
(b) to meet his or her necessary expenses, including the provision of illustrative material, if required;
(c) to meet any expenses consequent upon the delivery of the lecture;
(d) to assist in defraying the cost of any other form of commemoration of the late William Cohn which the Keeper shall think fit.
Income not so expended in any year may be either carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years, or invested in augmentation of the capital.
6. This decree shall be subject to alteration by Council provided that the main object of the fund, namely the commemoration of the late William Cohn by the promotion of the study of Eastern Art in the University, shall be observed and maintained.