1. The moneys establishing the Saïd MBA Prize (the Fund) shall be retained by the University as a permanent endowment, and the net income of the Fund shall be applied to the award of a prize, to be known as the Saïd MBA Prize.
2. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of a committee comprising the Peter Moores Dean of the Saïd Business School, the MBA Director, the chairman of the MBA examiners, and one other person nominated by the Peter Moores Dean.
3. (1) The prize shall be awarded annually, if suitable candidates present themselves, to the full-time MBA student who the committee judges has excelled academically, made an exceptional contribution in the classroom, and contributed greatly to the wider social and intellectual life of the school. The committee will publish annually the criteria which will be applied and the procedures it will follow.
(2) A sum of £10,000 will be awarded to each year’s winner, the value of the prize being periodically adjusted in line with inflation at the discretion of the committee.
(3) The successful candidate will also be given a framed certificate which will be presented to the candidate at the end of course ceremony in September each year.
(4) A second prize may be awarded at the discretion of the prize committee.
4. Regulations 2 and 3 above may be amended by Council.