Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 11 October 2007
1. The donation from Professor Glenda Abramson, Cowley Lecturer in Post-Biblical Hebrew (1989-2004) together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the “Abramson Prize for Modern Hebrew Literature”.
2. The University shall retain all of the donations as a permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the donations towards the object of the Fund, which shall be to award a Prize each year to the candidate who has produced the best essay or achieved the best finals mark in the papers in Modern Hebrew Literature in the Honour School Examinations in Oriental Studies or in any associated Joint Honour School examinations.
3. The Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies shall be responsible for the administration of the Fund.
4. The examiners for the above examinations may decide whether to award the Prize on the basis of individual essays or final results. The examiners may decline to award a Prize in any year if no candidate has achieved a suitable standard of work in Modern Hebrew Literature.
5. Any unspent income may be carried forward for use in subsequent years.