1. The University accepts with gratitude from Sir Isaiah Berlin, OM, the sum of $105,000 to establish a fund to be known as the Isaiah Berlin Fund, which shall be used for the furtherance of academic links with Italy in the fields of literature and history, including the History of Art.
2. The fund shall be administered by a board of management consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) one person appointed by Council;
(3) one person appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages;
(4) one person appointed by the Board of the Faculty of History;
(5) one person appointed by the Committee for the History of Art.
The appointed members shall serve for such periods as the appointing bodies shall think fit. The board shall have power to co-opt up to two additional members on such terms as it shall determine.
3. The board shall apply the income of the fund towards the provision of grants to members of the University to enable them to visit Italy in order to lecture or to undertake research, and to scholars and students from Italy to enable them to visit the University in order to lecture or to undertake research.
4. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time provided always that the main object of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above, shall be kept in view.