Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
1. The Board of the Faculty of Biological Sciences shall be the Board of Management of the G.E. Blackman Lecturership Fund.
2. The departmental committee of the Department of Plant Sciences, acting on behalf of the faculty board, shall appoint a committee to carry out the provisions of clause 3 below, subject to such conditions as the board may lay down. The committee shall consist of the Sibthorpian Professor of Plant Science ex officio and up to six persons representative of agricultural crop, animal, and soil science. The elected members shall hold office for three years and shall be re-eligible.
3. The income from the fund shall be used to provide an annual lecture to be called the G.E. Blackman Lecture, to be given on some aspect of the application of science to Agriculture.
4. Income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that the main object of the fund (namely, to promote the study of Agricultural Science within the University) is kept in view.