Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Decree (2) of 12 July 2001 and amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 15 June 2018 (Gazette, Vol.148, p.506, 31 May 2018) and 1 August 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 489, 7 July 2022)
1. The proceeds from the sale of ornithological works generously bequeathed to the Alexander Library of the Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology by the late Mrs E.S. Borthwick-Norton shall be used to establish a fund which shall be known as the BorthwickNorton Fund.
2. The first call on the net annual income of the fund shall be the support of the Alexander Library.
3. Any income not required for the purpose defined in clause 2 above shall be used to support the work of the Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology in such other ways as may be approved by the board of management of the fund. Any income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
4. The Fund includes transfers from the Alexander Library in the Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology and the Grey Institute of Field Ornithology.
5. The board of management of the fund shall consist of: (1) the Director of the Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology, who shall be chairman; (2) the Librarian of the Alexander Library; (3) the Head of the Department of Biology; (4) a nominee of the British Ornithologists Union.
6. Council shall have power to alter these regulations from time to time, provided that the main object of the fund, as defined in regulations 1 and 2 above, is always kept in view.