1. The land given to the University in 1943 by Mr and Mrs H.N. Spalding, being four fields, Nos. 184, 190, 192, and 195a of the Ordnance Survey, having an area of approximately 7.6 hectares, adjoining the Mesopotamia Walk, with the object of preserving this area in perpetuity as a nature reserve, shall be held for ever and maintained by the University as a nature reserve with the object:
(1) to preserve in perpetuity a piece of water meadow characteristic of the Oxford basin for the enjoyment of the public; and
(2) to afford facilities for the observation and study of plants and animals inhabiting this type of land.
2. The reserve shall be a memorial to Leonard Halford Dudley Buxton, MA, D.Sc., and shall always include a bird sanctuary.
3. The administrative control of the reserve shall be vested in the Curators of the University Parks who shall by appropriate management and by a system of controlled access carry out the objects defined in regulation 1 above, in accordance with arrangements determined by Council for consultation with natural history interests.
4. Regulation 3 above may be amended by Council.