2. The Visitors of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History shall be:
(1) a chair who shall be appointed by the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor with responsibility for Gardens, Libraries and Museums (GLAM);
(3) one of the Proctors or the Assessor as may be agreed between them;
(4)−(7) up to four persons appointed by Council, ensuring a balance of representation from across the four academic divisions;
(8) the Director of the Pitt Rivers Museum;
(9) the Head of the Department of Zoology or his or her nominee;
(10) the Head of the Department of Earth Sciences or his or her nominee;
(11) a faculty member of Zoology, appointed by the Head of the Department of Zoology, in consultation with the Chair of the Visitors and the Director of the Museum;
(12) a faculty member of Earth Sciences, appointed by the Head of the Department of Earth Sciences, in consultation with the Chair of the Visitors and the Director of the Museum.
3. (1) Ensuring that the number of external Visitors is not greater than the number of internal Visitors, the Visitors may co-opt up to six additional members, who may be internal or external, and who need not be members of Congregation to provide specific skills not covered by existing appointments. .
(2) The period of office for appointed and co-opted members shall be three years, and no appointed, elected, or co-opted member shall serve more than two consecutive full terms of office. Casual vacancies shall be filled either for the remainder of the period of office of the person being replaced or, at the discretion of the appointing body, for a full period.
(3) Notwithstanding regulation (2) above, in the case of appointed and co-opted members the General Purposes Committee of Council may determine that one further consecutive period is permitted in an individual case.
4. The Director of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History shall be the secretary to the Visitors, except that the Visitors may require him or her to withdraw from any meeting.
5. In fulfilment of their responsibilities, under Council, for the safe keeping, preservation, orderly administration, and general policy of the museum and within the approved budget reported to them, in accordance with section 10 of Statute VIII, the Visitors:
(1) shall, subject to the provisions of regulations 11 below, delegate the appointment of all staff in the museum in accordance with procedures set out in standing orders;
(2) shall prepare annually a report on the activities of the museum to Council via GLAM Board.
6. The Visitors shall have authority, under Council, to make such other arrangements by standing order as are necessary to fulfil their responsibilities.
7. In carrying out their responsibilities the Visitors shall co-operate with the GLAM Board in facilitating co-ordination between the University’s museums and scientific collections, particularly with respect to planning, allocation and use of resources, and the development, care, and promotion of the collections as national and international resources both for teaching and research and for public access.