1. The University accepts with gratitude funding from Glaxo Holdings PLC for the establishment of a Glaxo Professorship of Cellular Pathology in the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology and for the provision of supporting costs for the professorship.
2. The University shall retain all of the benefaction as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards the salary and other costs of the holder of the Professorship.
3. The administration of the benefaction, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Medical Sciences Board.
4. The Glaxo Professor of Cellular Pathology shall undertake research in Cellular Pathology and shall lecture and give instruction in this subject.
5. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this regulation is Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on this occasion;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board.
6. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair. 7. Regulations 4–6 above may be amended by Council.