Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Note: regulation 5 below makes reference to the Foster Memorial Fund which as of 11 February 2009 is in the Schedule to the Statutes
1. The Theodor Heuss Research Fellowship (subsequently called ‘the fellowship’) shall be open to young British graduates of the University of Oxford as defined in clause 3 below.
2. The holder of the fellowship shall be required to undertake research in a subject of his or her own choice at a university or other institution of higher learning of his or her own choice in the Federal Republic of Germany.
3. The fellowship may be conferred only on a British subject who is a member of the University of Oxford, and who by the date on which he or she takes up the fellowship has not attained the age of thirty-two years and has either embarked on a course of postgraduate study at the University or has already obtained a postgraduate qualification of the University. The holder of the fellowship must be qualified to carry out research at a German university or other institution of higher learning. The fellowship may be conferred only once on the same candidate.
4. The fellowship shall be tenable for one year, which shall normally run from 1 October of one year to 30 September of the year following.
5. The holder of the fellowship shall be appointed by the selection committee for the Michael Foster Memorial Scholarship under the provisions of § 106, cll. 2 and 4 of this section or by such other committee as the University may determine. The fellowship will be administered by the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung.