1. The moneys establishing the Bob Hiorns Memorial Prize (‘the Fund’) shall be retained by the University as permanent endowment, and the net income of the Fund shall be applied to the award of a prize, to be known as the Bob Hiorns Memorial Prize, for the advancement of Human Sciences.
2. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of Teaching Committee for Human Sciences. 3.
(1) The prize shall be awarded, if suitable candidates present themselves, by the Teaching Committee for Human Sciences, for performance in the Final Honour School of Human Sciences on such terms as the Teaching Committee shall from time to time determine.
(2) If two or more candidates for the prize are judged to be of equal merit, additional prizes may be awarded.
(3) The value of the prize or prizes shall be determined by the Teaching Committee for Human Sciences.
4. For administrative efficiency, the Fund is aggregated with the Crowther Memorial Prize Fund, both Funds having the same purposes in all material respects.
5. Regulations 2, 3 and 4 above may be amended by Council.