1. The University accepts with gratitude from Mrs Doreen Ethel King, OBE, as Trustee of the A.J. Hosier Educational Trust, the sum of £30,000 which shall form a fund for the promotion within the University of agricultural education in the United Kingdom.
2. The first charge on the income from the fund shall be the provision of postgraduate studentships, to be known as the A.J. Hosier Studentships, which shall be tenable at Linacre College.
3. The fund shall be administered by a board of management consisting of:
(1) the Sibthorpian Professor of Plant Science;
(2) the Head of the Department of Plant Sciences;
(3) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Divisional Board;
(4) the Principal of Linacre College, or a deputy appointed by the Principal.
4. The studentship shall be open to graduates who are citizens of the United Kingdom.
5. Holders of the studentships shall be required to pursue a course of advanced study and research at Oxford in any of the following aspects of agriculture:
(i) husbandry, whether animal, dairy, poultry, grassland, or crop;
(ii) agricultural economics, agricultural statistics (either experimental or economic), or agricultural marketing;
(iii) agricultural science (in its more applied aspects).
6. The studentships shall be tenable for one year in the first instance, and may be held for up to a further two years at the discretion of the board of management.
7. Any income not required in any year for the studentships shall either be applied at the discretion of the board of management in some other way consistent with the object of the fund or carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
8. Council shall have power to alter this regulation at any time, provided that no alteration shall be made to regulation 2 above without the prior consent of the said Doreen Ethel King, her personal representatives and assigns, and provided further that any amended provisions shall be of an exclusively educational charitable nature and provide for the promotion within the University of agricultural education in the United Kingdom.