1. There shall be established in the Department of Biochemistry a Professorship of Microbiology to be known as the Iveagh Professorship of Microbial Biochemistry. The professor shall lecture and give instruction in Microbial Biochemistry.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Principal of Linacre is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Principal of Linacre College, or, if the Principal is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Linacre College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Linacre College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5) a person appointed by the General Board;
(6), (7) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Biological Sciences.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.