Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by Council, 16 June 2005
1. The bequest from the late Gillian R. Hart (‘Jill Hart’), together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the Jill Hart Fund for Indo-Iranian Philology.
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as a permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the object of the Fund, which shall be to support elementary language teaching and learning, and philological teaching and study, of Vedic Sanskrit and of the languages belonging to the Iranian branch of Indo-European at their earliest attested stages; and to support the study of the early linguistic history and prehistory of the Indo-Iranian language family.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
4. The board of management shall apply the net income of the Fund in furtherance of the object as specified in paragraph 2 but any unspent income may be carried forward for use in subsequent years.
5. These regulations may be amended by Council provided the object as specified in paragraph 2 is kept in view.