1. The King Alfonso XIII Professor of Spanish Studies shall lecture and give instruction in the subjects of his or her chair and shall promote generally the study of Spanish in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any decree in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7), (8) two persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages;
(9) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of History.
3. The professor shall have power to arrange for special lectures or courses of lectures on subjects connected with Spanish studies such as the history, laws, art, and social and economic conditions of Spanish-speaking countries generally, provided that all expenses incurred on account of such lectures shall be defrayed out of the Spanish Fund, and shall not be a charge upon any other university fund.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.