1. The University accepts with deep gratitude the benefaction of £1,990,000 received from the Trustees of the Peter Moores Foundation to establish a fund for the advancement within the University of education, learning, teaching, scholarship, and research in the field of Management Studies. In the event of Management Studies ceasing to be either a field of study or one in which it is practicable to maintain both the office of Dean of the University’s Saïd Business School and a Professorship of Management Studies, the fund shall be applied for further charitable purposes in accordance with a formulation agreed with the said trustees as a condition of the benefaction.
2. The fund shall be managed by the Board of the Faculty of Management.
3. The University shall apply the net income of the fund partly towards the maintenance of the office of Dean of the University’s Saïd Business School, each successive holder of which is to be known as the Peter Moores Dean, and partly towards the maintenance of a Professorship of Management Studies, to be known as the Peter Moores Professorship of Management Studies. Any income not required in any financial year for the maintenance of the office of Dean and of the professorship may, at the discretion of the Board of the Faculty of Management, either be carried forward for expenditure in a subsequent year or applied in some other way or ways in furtherance of the purposes of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above.
4. Council shall appoint one elector to the professorship and one to the office of Dean after consultation with the said trustees or their nominated representative.
5. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time provided that the main object of the fund, as defined in clause 1 above, is always kept in view and provided that any changes may be made only with the concurrence of the Trustees of the Peter Moores Foundation or their nominated representative.