1. The Oriel and Laing Professor of the Interpretation of Holy Scripture shall under take research, lecture and give instruction in the Interpretation of the Old Testament Scriptures.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Provost of Oriel is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Provost of Oriel College, or, if the Provost is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Oriel College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Oriel College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, where, in relation to those appointments, the Kirby Laing Foundation may suggest names of suitably qualified scholars for consideration by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her representative;
(7)–(9) three persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Theology.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.