Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 17 March 2017 (Gazette, Vol. 147, p300-302, 2 March 2017) and 25 January 2019 (Gazette, Vol.149, p.206, 10 January 2019).
1. The University accepts with gratitude the sum of £2,000,000 as a munificent benefaction from St Catherine's College, offered with the approval of the Board of Directors of the Kobe Institute and the Japan Foundation, to be held on trust as a fund the net income of which shall be applied in the funding of scholarships, to be known as the Oxford Kobe Scholarships, for the support of nationals of Japan studying for graduate degrees of the University.
2. The scholarships shall be administered by the Oxford Graduate Scholarships Fund Management Board, with scholar selection undertaken by the Cross-Divisional Selection Panel.
3. At least one scholarship at any time shall be tenable at St Catherine's College.
4. Any income not spent in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
5. Council shall have power to alter this regulation from time to time, provided that the main object of the fund, as defined in regulation 1 above, is always kept in view.