10.1. The Buildings and Estates Subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee shall consist of:
(1) a Chair, who shall be appointed by Council, who shall also serve on the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council;
(2) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Planning and Resources);
(3)–(6) one person appointed by each of the divisional boards;
(7) the Director of University Library Services and Bodley's Librarian or a person nominated by the director;
(8) a person appointed by the Gardens, Libraries and Museums Board from among the directors of the University's museums;
(9), (10) two persons elected by Congregation;
(11) one sabbatical trustee of Oxford University Student Union.
10.2. The subcommittee may co-opt up to two additional members, who may be external.
10.3. (1) The subcommittee shall be responsible to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee for management and maintenance of the functional estate, except for matters which are the responsibility of divisions, and other bodies.
(2) The functional estate is defined as university-owned or leased land and property occupied by university bodies and excludes investment property and property which is the responsibility of the Property Management Subcommittee.
(3) The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee shall make delegations to the subcommittee to take decisions, and the subcommittee shall consider and make recommendations to the committee on estates matters outside its delegation.
(4) The Registrar shall appoint the Director of Estates and University Surveyor to act as the chief executive officer of the subcommittee.
10.4. (1) In particular, the subcommittee shall:
(a) consider and advise the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee on the allocation of land and property in the functional estate;
(b) oversee the repairs and maintenance programmes undertaken by the Director of Estates and University Surveyor;
(c) consider and recommend to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee proposals for the development and masterplanning of the functional estate, taking into account institutional plans, sustainability, planning and heritage issues;
(d) oversee the management and construction of all capital projects funded by the University, within pre approved financial limits, including the establishment of Project Boards;
(e) consider reports from Projects Boards submitted to it by the Programme Board;
(f) consider local planning consultations and related governmental policy changes affecting the University estate and make proposals to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee on the University responses where appropriate;
(g) approve submissions for planning and listed building consent (excluding Joint Venture developments);
(h) oversee the management and maintenance of University controlled car parks;
(i) develop and recommend to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee proposals for the Estate Strategy.
(2) The subcommittee shall issue regulations for the maintenance of, and all works in, buildings on the functional estate.