25.1 The Gardens, Libraries and Museums (GLAM) Board shall consist of:
(1) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor with responsibility for the Gardens, Libraries and Museums, who shall be chair;
(2) Bodley’s Librarian;
(3) the Director of the Ashmolean Museum;
(4) the Director of the History of Science Museum;
(5) the Director of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History;
(6) the Director of the Pitt Rivers Museum;
(7) the Director of the Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum;
(8) one of the Proctors or the Assessor as may be agreed between them.
25.2 The Board shall be responsible for:
(1) developing and implementing a long-term GLAM strategy;
(2) receiving departmental strategic plans and annual reports from the Board of Visitors for each Museum, Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum, and the Curators of the University Libraries;
(3) developing and sustaining relations with the academic divisions and similar organisations in the sector (both nationally and internationally);
(4) considering, delivering or commenting on University strategy and policy developments as requested by Council and its subcommittees;
(5) periodic reviews of departments and/ or activities;
(6) encouraging cross-GLAM working and collaboration where appropriate;
(7) requesting University Service Funding from PRAC via the Budget Subcommittee on an annual basis;
(8) overseeing departmental budgets;
(9) planning and overseeing shared services;
(10) reviewing GLAM and departmental risk registers;
(11) supporting collective initiatives to improve communication and outreach; and
(12) coordinating responses to any University consultation exercises where a GLAM view is required (e.g. REF, KEF).
25.3 The GLAM Board shall make an annual report to Council on the activities of the division in the preceding academic year.