5.1. The Planning and Resource Allocation Committee shall consist of:
(1) the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Planning and Resources), who shall be chair of the committee;
(2)–(4) the Proctors and the Assessor;
(5) the Chair or Vice-Chair of the Conference of Colleges, as determined by the Conference of Colleges;
(6) the Chair of the Committee of Estate Bursars;
(7)–(10) the heads of each of the divisions, or their nominee (subject to the agreement of the Chair in advance of any meeting);
(11)–(15) five persons appointed by Council from among the members of Council specified in section 4 (15)–(25) of Statute VI;
(16), (17) two external persons appointed by Council each of whom may be members of Council specified in section 4 (7)–(10) of Statute VI;
(18) the Chair of the Building and Estates Subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee;
(19) one sabbatical trustee of Oxford University Student Union from among the student member representatives in attendance at University Council, as may be agreed between them.
5.2. In appointing the members at regulation 5.1 (11)–(17) above, Council shall always ensure that there is within the total membership of the committee an appropriate balance across the academic activities of the various divisions, and between the divisions, and the non-divisional constituency as reasonably practicable.
5.3. The committee may co-opt up to three additional members, of whom one may be an external, on condition that the committee shall always ensure by the use of its power of co-optation that the range of interests in the collegiate University is as fully reflected within the total membership of the committee as is reasonably practicable.
5.4. The committee shall be responsible for monitoring and implementing the University’s Strategic Plan, setting its annual budget, and resource allocation. In particular, it shall be responsible for the following matters:
RECURRENT PLANNING AND BUDGETING
(1) the University’s Strategic Plan, reporting annually to Council on its implementation and with any recommendations on updates, with reference to the divisional and service plans and with regard to financial sustainability; as part of this exercise, PRAC shall approve, or refer back, Key Performance Indicators and associated targets proposed by divisions, the Department for Continuing Education, Personnel Committee, Education Committee, Research and Innovation Committee and the Oxford University Museums Board related to the implementation and monitoring of the University’s Strategic Plan;
(2) recommending to Council the approval, or reference back, of three-year rolling plans and budgets prepared annually by the divisional boards, the Department for Continuing Education, and three-year rolling plans and budgets prepared annually by the services, and any other spending sectors, with reference to the University’s financial sustainability and against the priorities set out in the University’s strategic plan;
(3) making recommendations to Council on the University’s annual budget in the light of the overall plan proposed by the Finance Committee and agreed by Council, the annual operating statements from the academic divisions and other spending sectors, and other relevant information;
(4) the development, implementation, refinement and monitoring of resource allocation procedures to enable annual budgets to be set;
(5) the monitoring of the work of the academic divisions, the Department for Continuing Education and the services against their approved plans and budgets;
STUDENT NUMBER PLANNING
(6) advising Council and Conference of Colleges, and collaborating with Education Committee, on the development of the University’s student number planning policy, as set by Council and endorsed by Conference of Colleges;
VALUE FOR MONEY
(7) the development and implementation of strategy, policy and guidance to promote and embed within the University’s processes and culture greater economy and effectiveness, collectively known as "value for money" (VfM). The committee shall provide an annual report for consideration by the Audit and Scrutiny Committee and Council;
CAPITAL PLANNING AND BUDGETING
(8) making recommendations to Council for a capital budget, consisting of:
(i) a budget for capital projects, other than centrally run IT projects, up to the allocation limit set out in the Financial Regulations (the rolling capital programme), which will be set and updated on a three-year rolling basis as set out in these regulations; and
(ii) a budget for centrally run IT projects which will be managed by the IT Committee as set out in the regulations governing that committee (the IT Development Fund), which will be set and updated for a fixed three-year period as set out in these regulations;
(9) in accordance with the allocation limits set out in Statute XVI and the Financial Regulations:
(i) approval of expenditure on capital projects within the rolling capital programme and of associated space allocations which do not require the approval of Council; and
(ii) submitting recommendations to Council for expenditure on capital projects within the rolling capital programme and of associated space allocations that require the approval of Council;
(10) liaising with the Strategic Capital Steering Group to ensure that the proposals in the rolling capital programme are compatible with proposals for strategic capital investment;
(11) on the recommendation of the Environmental Sustainability Subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee, overseeing the implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy and taking overall responsibility for environmental sustainability at the University, and reporting to Council on this at least annually.
(12) the oversight of, and the making of recommendations to Council on, the institutional financial arrangements between the University and the colleges, societies and Permanent Private Halls in relation to the provision of teaching, research, administration and services;
(13) the consideration of annual reports on the progress of the University’s fundraising for capital and recurrent purposes;
(14) the consideration of the use of any non-capital resources which are not delegated or allocated to the academic divisions, services, or other bodies, and recommending to Council major new initiatives regarding such use;
(15) the consideration of the financial relationships between the University and external funding bodies, and advising Council on actions it considers necessary regarding such relationships;
(16) on the recommendation of the Buildings and Estates Subcommittee, and following consultation with Personnel Committee, the approval of charges for parking in University-controlled car parks.
5.5. The committee shall have power to make, amend and repeal regulations concerning any of the following matters:
(a) the University fees payable by Home students and by overseas students, within such policy in that regard as may be laid down by Council from time to time; and
(b) the fees, other than fees under (a) above, payable by candidates for examinations, and related fees (such as fees in respect of degree certificates).