1. The Professor of Physical Geography shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in physical geography.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Professorship may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board; and
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Oxford University Centre for the Environment.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to this Chair.