Professor of Physical Geography
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resources Allocation Committee of Council on 23 November 2006
1. The Professor of Physical Geography shall engage in advanced study and research and shall lecture and give instruction in physical geography.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Professorship may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board; and
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Oxford University Centre for the Environment.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to this Chair.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below