Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
1. There shall be a Reader in Geodesy.
2. The reader shall be elected by a board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) a person appointed by Council;
(3) a person appointed by the General Board;
(4)-(7) four persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Physical Sciences;
(8) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Anthropology and Geography.
3. The reader shall engage in advanced study or research and shall lecture or hold classes in Michaelmas, Hilary, and Trinity Terms as required by the Departments of Engineering Science, Geography, and Earth Sciences.