1. The University accepts with gratitude from the Sir Henry Strakosch Memorial Trust a sum to establish a fund to be known as the Sir Henry Strakosch Memorial Fund.
2. The fund shall be administered by a board of management consisting of the Director of Clinical Studies or his or her nominee, the Head of the Department of Paediatrics or his or her nominee, and one person appointed by the Medical Sciences Board for a period to be determined by the Board.
3. Subject only to the receipt of a sufficient number of appropriate applications and to the circumstances described in clause 4 below, the fund shall be used to make grants, to be known as Strakosch travel grants, to twenty clinical students each year in order to assist them to spend part of the clinical course in one or more medical institutions in the Republic of South Africa. The initial value of each grant shall be £750 but the board of management shall have authority to increase this figure if the cost of travel to South Africa increases. If an insufficient sum should be available in the fund to make twenty grants, such number of grants may be made as shall extinguish the fund.
4. If in any year the board of management shall decide that it is not in the best interest of clinical students to travel to South Africa, the board shall have discretion to use the fund in that year to make bursaries available, at a level and on terms and conditions to be determined by the board, to enable nationals of the Republic of South Africa to undertake a period of study in the Clinical School.
5. Income to the fund which is not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
6. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that the main objects of the fund, as defined in clauses 3 and 4 above, are always kept in view.