1. The benefaction from the Stanley and Zea Lewis Family Foundation which will comprise the sum of £3,000,000 over a three-year period, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the Stanley Lewis Fund.
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the support of the Chair of Israel Studies.
3. The Chair shall be named the Stanley Lewis Chair of Israel Studies (or such other name as the University may agree with the Foundation).
4. The holder of the Chair will research and lecture on one or more of the modern history, politics, sociology or economics of the State of Israel.
5. The holder of the Chair will hold a joint appointment in the Oxford School of Global and Area Studies and such other social science disciplinary department as appropriate (for example, Economics, Politics and International Relations, Sociology). The holder will build links with related academic disciplines and groups across the collegiate University (for example, with Middle East Studies, the Oriental Institute).
6. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of a Board of Management comprising:
(1) the Head of the Oxford School of Global and Area Studies;
(2) the Head of the department with which the post is jointly held (or his or her nominee); and
(3) the Head of the Social Sciences Board, or his or her nominee.
7. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) of this regulation is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the Head of the relevant college (being the college to which the professorship has been allocated by Council), or if the Head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the relevant college;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Oxford School of Global and Area Studies;
(7)–(9) the Heads, or their nominees, of the Departments of Economics, Politics and International Relations, and Sociology;
(10) the Head of the Social Sciences Division.
8. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.
9. Regulations 1–4 shall be deemed to be Trust Regulations under the provisions of Part D of Statute XVI. 10. Regulations 5–9 may be amended by Council.