1. The recent benefaction from Dr Sybille Haynes, MBE, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as ‘The Sybille Haynes Fund For Etruscan And Early Italic Studies’.
2. The University shall retain all of the Fund as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income of the Fund towards the following purposes:
(1) the support of a permanent University Lecturership at Oxford in Etruscan and Early Italic Studies;
(2) if there are insufficient funds to support a lecturership, or there are surplus funds, and at the discretion of the Board of Management, academic activities to promote and support purpose (1), including an annual Sybille Haynes Lecture in Etruscan and Early Italic Studies, and academic support for the holder of the Lecturership, such as the provision of Graduate Scholarships.
3. The administration of the Fund, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of a Board of Management comprising:
(1) the Lincoln Professor of Classical Art and Archaeology;
(2) the Professor of the Archaeology of the Roman Empire;
(3, 4) two representatives nominated from the Sub-faculty of Ancient History and Classical Archaeology, comprising a permanent post-holder in Ancient History and a permanent post-holder in Classical Archaeology;
(5, 6) two representatives appointed by the Governing Body of Somerville College.
4. The Board may co-opt up to three external members for periods of two years who shall be eligible for re-appointment and shall include the donor during her lifetime.
5. Regulations 1, 3 and 4 above may be amended by Council.