Part of Council Regulations 25 of 2002: Trust Regulations
Made by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 10 June 2010
Amended on 26 September 2013 (Gazette, Vol. 144, p. 2)
1. The benefaction from The Nigel Blackwell Trust which comprises the sum of £15,000, and any further donations for this purpose, shall be known as the Nigel Blackwell Sports Bursary Fund.
2. The income of the Fund shall be used to maintain a scholarship which shall be open to any student member of the University who is both a good sportsperson and a good student. The award shall be named the Eliza or Richard Blackwell Scholarship, as is appropriate to each individual winner of the award. One scholarship shall be awarded each year.
3. The University Sports Strategic Subcommittee of the Education Committee shall have overall responsibility for the Fund. It shall establish a Board of Management to administer the fund.
4. The value of the scholarship and the terms upon which it is awarded shall be as determined by the Board of Management from time to time.
5. Regulations 3 and 4 above may be amended by Council.