1. The Waynflete Professor of Chemistry shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Organic Chemistry, and shall generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected, by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Magdalen College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the President of Magdalen College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)-(9) four persons elected by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.