1. The Wykeham Professor of Physics shall undertake research in Theoretical Physics and shall lecture and give instruction in Theoretical Physics and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of New College is Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of New College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of New College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Physics Management Committee.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations governing the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.