1. The Khalid bin Abdullah Al Saud Professor for the Study of the Contemporary Arab World shall undertake research and teaching in one or more aspects of the contemporary Arab world.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Magdalen College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the President of Magdalen College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.
4. Any part of the income of the endowment of the professorship which is not required to meet the costs thereof may be expended, under conditions to be determined from time to time by the General Board, on the provision of grants to the professor for travelling and other expenses incurred in the pursuance of his or her studies.