1. There shall be an All Souls (G. M. Young) Lecturer in Nineteenth- and Twentieth-century English Literature.
2. The lecturer shall be appointed by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of All Souls College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act for the Warden on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of All Souls College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of All Souls College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act for him or her on that occasion;
(3)-(5) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of English Language and Literature;
(6) a person appointed by the governing body of the college with which the General Board has agreed that the lecturership shall on that occasion be associated.
3. The lecturer shall lecture and give instruction in Nineteenth- and Twentieth-century English Literature on such conditions and with such duties as the General Board shall from time to time determine.