1. The University accepts with deep gratitude the munificent benefaction provided by the American Standard Companies Inc. to establish a Professorship of Operations Management which shall be known as the American Standard Companies Professorship of Operations Management.
2. The American Standard Companies Professor of Operations Management shall lecture and give instruction in Operations Management.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Saïd Business School.
4. The professor shall be subject to General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.