Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 22 July 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 485, 7 July 2022)
1. The Boden Professor of Sanskrit shall undertake research and teaching in Sanskrit Language and Literature.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Master of Balliol College, or, if the Master is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Balliol College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Balliol College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or their nominee;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.