1. The University accepts with deep gratitude funding from British Petroleum Company PLC to endow a BP Professorship of Information Engineering and for the provision of research support costs for the professor.
2. The BP Professor of Information Engineering shall lecture and give instruction in information engineering. 3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Keble College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Keble College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Keble College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Keble College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council, one of whom shall be appointed after consultation with BP;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to the Particular Provisions of the same decree applicable to the professors enumerated in Schedule A annexed thereto.
5. Any part of the income of the endowment which is not required to meet the cost of the professorship may be expended, under conditions to be determined by the General Board, to support the research of the professor.