1. The benefaction from Professor John Climax shall be used in support of a professorship in clinical therapeutics, the holder of which, for the duration of funding from Professor Climax, shall be known as the 'Climax Professor of Clinical Therapeutics'.
2. The University shall apply the funding received (both capital and income) toward the salary, expenses and overhead costs of the Professor.
3. The administration of the benefaction and the application of its income shall be the responsibility of the Medical Sciences Board.
4. The Climax Professor of Clinical Therapeutics shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in clinical therapeutics.
5. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in paragraph (2) above;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the relevant NHS body with which the postholder may hold an honorary contract.
6. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.