1. The benefaction of £2.5 million from an anonymous benefactor, together with any further donations for this purpose, shall be used to establish and maintain the Professorship in the Study of the Abrahamic Religions, under the aegis of the Faculty of Theology.
2. The university shall retain all the benefaction as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards the salary and expenses of the holder of the professorship, and associated overheads.
3. The administration of the benefaction, and the application of income, shall be the responsibility of the Board of the Faculty of Theology.
4. Should any surplus funds be generated by the endowment, these may be spent in furtherance of the study of the Abrahamic Religions.
5. The Professor in the Study of the Abrahamic Religions shall undertake research in the study of the Abrahamic religions and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject.
6. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this regulation is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the professorship shall be for the time being allocated by Council under any regulation in that behalf, or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this regulation;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Division of Humanities;
(7) a person appointed by the Humanities Board who will normally be a representative of the Faculty of Oriental Studies;
(8)–(10) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Theology.
7. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of the professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to this professorship.
8. Regulations 1 and 2 shall be deemed as Trust Regulations under the provisions of Part D of Statute XVI.
9. Regulations 3–7 may be amended by Council.