The Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in the applications of Mathematics to the Physical Sciences and generally promote its study in the University. The professor may also, in accordance with the wishes of the founder, treat from time to time of the historical and philosophical aspects of Mathematics.
1. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Wadham College is Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Wadham College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Wadham College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) person appointed by the Governing Body of Wadham College
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board;
(7)-(9) three persons elected by the Departmental Committee of the Mathematical Institute.
2. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.