1. The University receives with gratitude the bequest of Dr John Ireland and the generous subsequent settlement made in honour of Mr G A Nops, which together form the endowment fund to support the Dean Ireland's Professor of the Exegesis of Holy Scripture.
2. The Dean Ireland’s Professor of the Exegesis of Holy Scripture shall lecture and give instruction in the Exegesis of the New Testament Scriptures.
3. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Keble College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Keble College, or, if the Provost should be unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Keble College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Keble College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Humanities Division, or his or her nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Theology and Religion.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to this chair.