1. The W. A. Handley Professor of Psychiatry shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Psychiatry.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Merton College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Warden of Merton College, or, if the Warden is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) the Head of the Medical Sciences Division or his or her nominee;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.