1. The Hope Professor of Zoology (Entomology) shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in Zoology (Entomology) and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Principal of Jesus College, or, if the Principal is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Jesus College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Jesus College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)−(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board, of whom one shall be appointed after consultation with the Director of the Oxford University Museum of Natural History.
3. The Hope Professor shall not hold any other professorship or readership in the University.
4. The Hope Professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.