Kadoorie Professorship of Trauma Rehabilitation
Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by Council on 22 February 2007
1. The benefaction from the Kadoorie Foundation shall be used to support the establishment of the Kadoorie Professorship of Trauma Rehabilitation.
2. The University shall retain all of the benefaction as permanent endowment and shall apply the net income towards the salary and expenses of the holder of the Professorship, and associated overheads.
3. The administration of the benefaction, and the application of its income, shall be the responsibility of the Medical Sciences Board.
4. The Kadoorie Professor of Trauma Rehabilitation shall lecture and give instruction in trauma rehabilitation.
5. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust.
6. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.
7. Regulations 1–2 shall be deemed as Trust Regulations under the provisions of Part D of Statute XVI.
8. Regulations 3–6 may be amended by Council.
Search the Legislation
Link to other Regulations
Or select the relevant Regulation from the dropdown list below