Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Amended by the General Purposes Committee of Council on 1 August 2022 (Gazette, Vol. 152, p. 486, 7 July 2022)
1. The Linacre Professor of Zoology shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in Zoology.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Warden of Merton College, or, if the Warden is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.