1. The Linacre Professor of Zoology shall lecture and give instruction in Zoology.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Warden of Merton College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the Warden of Merton College, or, if the Warden is unable to unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Merton College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Life and Environmental Sciences Board.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.