1. The Nuffield Professor of Clinical Medicine shall lecture and give instruction in Clinical Medicine.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the President of Magdalen College is Vice- Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the President of Magdalen College, or, if the President is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Magdalen College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the General Board;
(7), (8) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Clinical Medicine;
(9) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxfordshire Health Authority after consultation with the Oxford Regional Health Authority. At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.