Part of Council Regulations 24 of 2002: Regulations for Academic and Other Posts
Made by the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee of Council on 30 June 2011
1. There shall be a Nuffield Professor of Economics who shall undertake research in and shall lecture and give instruction in that subject and generally promote its study in the University.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the Warden of Nuffield College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the Warden of Nuffield College;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of Nuffield College;
(4)–(5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Board;
(7)–(9) three persons appointed by the Department of Economics.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.