1. The Nuffield Professor of Population Health shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in population health.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time; or if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of that college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6)–(9) four persons appointed by the Medical Sciences Board;
(10) if any of the short-listed candidates are clinical consultants, a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the relevant NHS body with which the postholder may hold an honorary contract.
3. At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.