1. The Nuffield Professor of Surgery shall lecture and give instruction in Surgery.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Master of Balliol College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Master of Balliol College, or, if the Master is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Balliol College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the General Board;
(7), (8) two persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Clinical Medicine;
(9) a person holding a clinical appointment appointed by the Oxfordshire Health Authority after consultation with the Oxford Regional Health Authority.
At least three members of the board, of whom one shall be a professor, shall hold clinical appointments.
3. The professor shall act as examiner in Part I of the examination for the Degree of Master of Surgery.
4. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
See also § 52 Litchfield Trust for Clinical Instruction, above