1. The Professor of Bibliography and Modern Book History shall undertake research, lecture and give instruction in bibliography and the history of the book from 1750 to the present day.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in paragraph (2) below is the Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council;
(2) the head of the college to which the Chair may be allocated by Council from time to time, or, if the head is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the governing body of the college;
(3) a person appointed by the governing body of the college specified in (2) of this clause;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) one person appointed by the Humanities Board;
(7)-(9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of English Language and Literature.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations, which are applicable to the Chair.