1. The Professor of Comparative Law shall lecture and give instruction in the comparative study of different legal systems national or transnational.
2. The Professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the head of the college specified in (2) of this clause is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Principal of Brasenose College, or, if the Principal of Brasenose College is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Brasenose College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Brasenose College;
(4), (5) two persons appointed by Council;
(6) a person appointed by the Social Sciences Divisional Board;
(7)- (9) three persons appointed by the Board of the Faculty of Law.
3. The Professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the regulations concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same regulations which are applicable to this chair.